Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Did I mention I don't like buses?

Thursday was our big choir dress rehearsal for General Conference. We were all supposed to meet at the institute building at 5:00 all dressed and ready to go. They had six buses there to take us all up to the conference center where we would be practicing. I was really excited to actually practice for the first time in the conference building! My cousin, (who is in the choir with me) and I went to go in one bus when we changed our mind and went for another one. Everyone is smiling and happy and can't wait to get started. We leave and get on the freeway during rush hour traffic.

Awesome. We're off to a great start.

We then get off at the next exit and park into an abandoned gas station where we find out our bus is broken. So we are just chilling in Provo and the bus that is coming to get us is coming from past the point of the mountain.

Even better.

The guys pull out their iphones and get us our pitches with a piano app. One guy said "there's an app for that!" and I giggled just a little bit. Then.....one of the girls suggest we stand up. In the bus. And practice. All I could think of was, are you serious?!? You're kidding right? By this time I was getting a headache and just super annoyed. I just wanted to get up to Salt Lake! I knew I should've brought some music and headphones. I knew I should've gotten on the other bus. Around 45 minutes later our other bus finally makes it!

It's a Catholic bus.

Hahaha! Oh man I laughed really hard when it pulled up. Just made my day! The bus driver was such a cute little old man. So we finally make our way up to Salt Lake and we make it to our rehearsal over an hour late. Rehearsal was pretty long but man it was so cool! We got a lot done and had all of our songs recorded. The spirit was felt. A lot of water was consumed. A lot of pictures were taken. Songs were sung. This is going to be such an amazing experience. I can't wait for General Conference and to be spiritually fed!

1 comment:

Napoleon Bonaparte said...

That's a pretty intense bus ride. I hope everything goes well!