Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 24, 2008

They think I'm superman or something!

Monday....usually a pretty neato day right? WRONG! So wrong.

I've known for a week or two that I have a couple of evil tests coming up, but I guess I thought I would have time to really study for them. What was I thinking? I finally found my planner (my life in a convenient little black book) and gasped when I looked at this week.

Tuesday: Bio Med test
Wednesday: Psychology test
Thursday: Math test and Eglish paper due
Friday: Here lies Heather Crosland

Who do these people think I am? Even superman didn't have this much on his plate! He just had to save the world. Maybe I should have a couple of planners so when I lose one, I will always have one. I was not a fan of the whole "planner" thing in highschool but now I can't function without it! So with all the stress building up in my small, little body I turned, like I usually do in situations like this, to music. For just 15 min I layed on my bed, closed my tired eyes, and just listened. The stress seemed to lift and I felt like I could finally concentrate on what was before me. I love how music can do that to you. One song that I listened to was called "Power of Heaven" This is probably one of the most beautiful quartet peices I have heard. If you want to hear a little clip of it here is the link. http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?type=album&id=177 Lyrics:
"When I'm reaching for an answer, when I'm aching for relief,
when I'm searching for direction, when my eyes no longer see
I can call upon a pow'r, borne by heaven's worthy sons
Servants of the gentle Master reasure me of His love

Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Mercy's answer purest gift
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Like the rushing of the wind
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven

Whisp'ring solace to my spirit, heaven reaches through my pain
In my searching heart I hear it, heaven speaks to me by name
And the windows to His promises are opened to my view
Precious words of revelation, like the sun, come pouring through

Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Mercy's answer purest gift
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Like the rushing of the wind
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven

For a moment heaven lingers and the vail is drawn away
I'm reminded of the blessings that will flow if I obey
He has calmed my troubled spirit, living peace has been restored
May I always find my comfort in the power of the Lord
I will always seek my comfort in the power of the Lord

Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Mercy's answer purest gift
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven Like the rushing of the wind
Pow'r of heaven, pow'r of heaven

First of all the words just speak everything that I am going through right now and the harmony is just amazing! I'm so greatful to have a love for music. Music has been a big part of my life. Just like it is said, "Music soothes the savage beast." Now I wouldn't quite say that I am the savage beast, but it has helped me throughout my life numerous times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I love that song!! I heard it on "the sounds of sunday",but I don`t know what´s its name or who the artist is. Could you please help me with that?? Thanks a lot!!!

ingus@live.com.mx