Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is this week over yet?


Can I just tell you how frusterating this week has been. I am about to peal over and die just about now. It will be good to have this weekend to get back to my sane self. I can't seem to concentrate...so much on my mind right now. I really am glad tomorrow is Friday though. Friday=no class till 10:00!! The only classes I have Friday are phsychology and choir! A pretty facile day if I must say.



My apartment has been pretty empty today...odd! (That's for you sis) We usually have lots of people over. Roommate #1 I hardly see anyway but usually she stumbles from her niche once in a while to cook some queer concotion of food. Haven't seen her for 2 days now...hmm should I be worried? Roommate #2 is so busy! She usually is rehersing for a play, (just got done with West Side Story which was amazing! Good job roommie #2!) Roommate #3 is here most of the time to keep me company and sing songs with me at the top of our lungs :) We get along very well! Roommie #3 was also in West Side Story and did a great job trying to act somewhat sexy ;)




Today I was looking at some healthy recepies to try and I found one that looks really delectable!
Tbsp olive-oil8
Tbsp low-fat tzatziki or yogurt dip*
4 c baby spinach leaves
12 fresh or frozen precooked turkey meatballs (plain or home-style)
1 Tbsp allspice
1 Tbsp oregano4 whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
1 Tbsp mint flakes.
#1.If needed, arrange meatballs on a plate and microwave about 2 minutes on defrost setting.
#2. Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mint, allspice, and oregano; mix. Break meatballs into small chunks and add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
#3. Stuff pita pockets with baby spinach leaves. Spoon turkey mixture into pita and top with a dollop of tzatziki or yogurt dip. (*If you can't find prepared low-fat tzatziki or yogurt dip, make your own by mixing 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 cup minced cilantro.)

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 375 calories, 14.5 g fat (4 g saturated), 650 mg sodium, 39 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 25.5 g protein


So of course I get a hold of The Jap, being such a healthy man himself, and told him we need to look up a bunch of healthy foods to make and then go grocery shopping and try to make them! Hurray for healthy food! I would say I'm pretty good with getting the Daily 5 in almost everyday except veggies. I really need to work on that one. OH MY!!....I totally forgot today was Thursday...the day that Lost is on!! That is one show that I am hooked on. I love it because once you think you understand what's going on....they throw in something crazy! The only way I can help you to decipher this fantastic show is to explain EVERYTHING in an 8 min and 15 sec movie! Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYXWWMqpy4








1 comment:

Jamie Lee said...

somewhat sexy? really heather? pretty sure we both know that i completely mastered the whole sexy thing. ; ) oh and i think you keel over and die, not peal, (its actually spelled peel by the way) but no worries, I will cut you some slack because you are so stressed! love you tons!
---Rommie #3