Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nothing thoughts


After putting Evelyn down for the night, I found myself with some time alone. Jake was still at school  for a meeting and doing some extra school work so I took advantage of this alone time to just simply think. I don't know about you but I do my best thinking while in the shower. I turned on the water as hot as my skin could stand it and just let my thoughts come out. It's been a long time since I had some time to myself to just think about nothing. For the longest time my brain was always thinking about work, getting home on time to make dinner, *or look in the fridge to see what I could quickly make*, making sure I had quality time with Evelyn, making sure Jake had enough time to do homework, who's watching Evelyn tomorrow, work, getting laundry done, keeping the house clean, *as much as I could anyway*, and making sure Jake and I had some quality time before my eyelids got heavy on me.

It felt so good to just close my eyes and think about nothing. Can you even do that? Think about nothing?

Our decision to finally have me quit and stay home full time has been a huge blessing to our little family. Yes we have had to make some sacrifices. A lot. But I've already seen the blessings that have come from it. I have been able to string myself back together instead of always hanging by a thread. I'm turning into the "fun one" instead of Jake...although I don't think I will ever be the full "fun one".  Evelyn is daddy's girl to a "T". I have had more time for scripture study. And more importantly, I have had more time to be the only thing I've ever wanted to be. A mother. Thank you to any of you who have helped us in any small way to get to this point. I feel so blessed to have the friends and family that I do and to be so near them all. Being a mother is the best thing ever. 


post signature

No comments: