Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to the hood...

Motherhood that is.

Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day! I don't know if any of you new mamma's feel like this, (or maybe it's just me) but I sometimes forget I am a mom. And it feels weird to say that I am a mom. Like I have a little girl. And I'm her mom. And she is my daughter. Weird right? Motherhood is still something new to me. I was telling my mom that I am getting small glimpses day by day on what it is like to be a mother. To take care of others before you even think about what you need. That you would do anything and everything for your little one. And that when you are completely exhausted from a hard days work and all you want to do is just sit down and sleep, you take care of your little one some more because you love them so much. Evelyn has started to smile quite a lot and I always tell Jake that no matter what stressful thing was bothering me before, as soon as I see that little smile I forget about it completely and smother her with kisses.

My first Mother's Day!

Anyways, Jake got up super early and made a wonderful breakfast for us and made sure that I didn't do a lick of work. It was fabulous. Then we spent Sunday morning with his family and then headed back down and spent the evening with my family. It was also Amie's 15th birthday which we celebrated and.....we got to skype with my brother! That was probably the highlight of our day. He looks so good and it was so fun to actually see him instead of just hear his voice. Boy do we all miss him.

He said he felt like he was playing Halo again with the headset! 
The fam talking with Nate

























































Well I hope all you mother's, grandmother's, and soon to be mother's had a wonderful Mother's Day. Let me just say that I am so grateful for my own mother and my mother-in-law. I love them so much and this world would be a sad place without them.

No comments: