Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Past, present and future

Over the weekend, Jake had planned a wonderful date for the two of us. He had planned it around all of our firsts and fun things we did when dating. The first restaurant we went to. First movie we had watched together. Taking a little trip to Ikea where we would always meet while dating. Going up to the Draper Temple where we were sealed for time and all eternity.

My favorite was when we came home and both pulled out our boxes of letters we had written to each other. We sat on our bed and just read them back and forth, saying things like "did I really write that? Wow I have pretty good handwriting! Wow that was when I was a missionary...etc" Even now Jake will write me a little letter and I love spending my time reading every little word he writes to me. It was such a fun date, remembering all the fun times we had while dating and getting to know each other. This then brought us to thinking about the present. Thinking how we loved each other a lot back when we were first married and how much that love has grown today. How we love spending time with each other. Life at the present is good. Amazing actually. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Now I don't like to look too much into the future, future plans etc, but I am really excited for our future together. All the wonderful trips we will take and all the memories we will make together. I can't wait to pull out those letters again when we are cute old people!


No comments: