Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Venture

I came across a recipe in Women's Health Magazine that I just had to try. Making new meals can be a good thing, and a bad thing. Bad because you don't really know what it's supposed to taste like, good because others don't know what it's supposed to taste like. So I decided to venture out and just try it. Here is the recipe if any of you want to try it out! I highly recommend it! I don't really like fish, so I just used chicken.

3/4 c uncooked long-grain brown rice
4 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch (about 1/16 tsp) sugar
4 snapper fillets (5 oz each), rinsed and patted dry
1 3/4 c medium salsa
1 can (15 oz) no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed

2 c chopped pineapple

1. Preheat oven to 400°F and cook rice according to package instructions.

2. In a large, shallow bowl, combine orange and limejuices, olive oil, two tablespoons cilantro, garlic, and
sugar, plus salt and pepper to taste. Add snapper fillets and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.

3. In a 3-quart baking dish, combine rice, salsa, beans, pineapple, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Place snapper over mixture, overlapping fillets if necessary. Spoon remaining marinade over fish.

4. Bake uncovered until fish is cooked through and opaque, about 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cilantro on top and serve.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 466 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated), 594 mg sodium, 54 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein

Of course, after that wonderful meal, the roommate and I had to get caught up on Kyle XY. I had already watched it without her because I couldn't wait, but I was more than willing to watch it again! He is just so dang attractive! Too bad the season is about to end. What a sad day that will be.

No comments: