Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

à la maison

Well after a couple of days of crap everywhere, I am unpacked and put away...well for the most part. There is still a tiny problem with not having a bed frame or box spring but do not fear because I am soon headed to the wonderful land of Ikea! I never realized how much stuff I had until I had to pack it up, move it, then unpack it all. The house is old, but old in a vintage style. The oven and stove are ancient. I tried to cook dinner tonight and gave up soon after because I didn't want to blow up the house. Maybe next time. The kitchen is very spacious though. A definite upgrade from my previous abode. We actually have a back yard, with a fire pit and hammock! Hurray for a reading spot! We also have a real piano in the living room which is very accommodating as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my electric keyboard but there is a huge difference when you sit down to a real piano.

Sandman showed me this awesome paint commercial. It pretty much is the most colourful thing I have ever seen and it makes me really want to be there, on the swing set swinging, being sheathed with paint that drops from the sky! I can't believe they did all that for a minutes worth of a commercial! Don't fret environmentalists....the paint is environmental friendly :)

I started working full time at my dental office this week...and it's killing me! haha! I'm used to working maybe 3-4 hours a day. Now it's the full 8-9 hours a day. But hey that just means more money which I desperately need to be saving right now. There are still so many things that I need to get; school books, scrubs, storage boxes, food....the list goes on. I hate the effect money has in our lives. I don't want to be controlled by it, but yet it does control so many things in our lives. So many families are torn apart because of money. My goal is to finish school without any debt. Mom is awesome at keeping track of where the money goes in the family and hopefully I will be able to pick up on her skills soon!



My new humble abode


My bed is the sad looking one on the ground :(

No comments: