Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What being a working mom has taught me

Some days are harder than others. Today was one of those days. One of those days where I didn't want to go to work and just stay home and play with baby e. I called Jake this morning to see how she was doing and heard her chatting away in the background. I knew right then she had her favorite stuffed animal in her hands and was telling her all about her morning so far. She loves that teddy bear. It made my day to hear her little voice. Jake and I, (like always) live for the weekends. It's my time to pretend I am a full stay at home mom and spend time with my little girl. I treasure the weekends. Don't get me wrong, I love love love my job. I love the people I work with. I love talking with my patients.

But I love my little girl more.

Being a working mom has made me treasure every second I get with her when I get home. Even when she is being fussy. E-mail can wait. Blogging can wait. Chores can wait. Cooking can wait...(sorry Jake!). Being a working mom can be hard, yet also rewarding. So hats off to you working mom's. It may not be the way you wanted it at first, some of you may not have a choice, but you do it because you love your family. I'm so grateful for Jake's hard work, plowing through school as fast as he can so I can be a stay at home mom.



No comments: