Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The big 19

My one and only brother is turning nineteen today! For most boys growing up in the LDS faith, 19 means a mission is just around the corner. I never thought this day would get here. It still feels unreal. Like he still has a couple of years to go before that even comes up. Growing up, most of my friends had older brothers and had experienced the whole "missionary" thing. Me? I knew my brother would be going some day but that was a long ways away. And now it's here! Like in 14 days here! Holy crap! But I couldn't be more excited for him. Maybe Jake, baby, (wow...another unreal) and I will stop by for a visit when we head back east for a little touring with Jake's parents.
Happy Birthday dear brother!

No comments: