Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 28, 2009

First

Well this weekend has been quite something. My first day of school was Wednesday, and I started out the day with my 7:oo am history class. You all probably think I am crazy, but actually it hasn't been quite that bad. I really enjoy learning about history and my teacher is pretty funny. I guess he does war reenactment for a living and he likes to bring in guns for us to look at which I think is pretty cool. Today he brought in a Colt revolver...(?) I'm not exactly sure.

Oh back to my first day of school, I ended the day with my very first concert...EVER! I know how embarrassing huh? I'm 20 and I am just getting around to a concert. I can now check that one off my bucket list! I have gone to my fair share of orchestra, choir, and John Schmidt concerts, but those don't really count. We went to go see Nickleback, which to be quite honest, I'm not a huge avid fan. I knew a couple of his songs so that was fun because I could actually sing along. They put on a great show! Fireworks included. I will say I have never ever seen so much beer, or heard the "f" word so much in my entire life! I was shocked! I guess I kinda expected it at a concert, but man! It was like every other word. There was a really REALLY annoying girl that was sitting behind me that had a scream like no other. It reminded me of when my cousin and I would have a contest every 4th of July to see who could lose their voices during a screamer firework. I don't remember who won but that's what it sounded like.

Times 3.

Pictures will be posted later. I will admit....you could totally tell that this was my first concert. I tried the head bang out.....no bueno.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beer and swearing are not the standard at every concert. Well, maybe beer is... But you've got to be selective about concerts. I saw the Fray and Jack's Mannequin at the USANA earlier this summer and it was a really fun atmosphere. But way to go on checking "concert" off the life-time to-do list.