Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Man, a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage

I had a dream about a man, a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage during my wonderful nap that I had allowed myself to have. Now this dream is actually another puzzle my math teacher had given us. I love puzzles...but this one just wouldn't go away. I kept thinking about during Meteorology and obviously dreamt about it too. Lets see if any of you can figure it out.

  • A man takes a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage across the river. The only boat he could find could only take two of them at a time. (so him and another object) But he had been ordered to transfer all of these to the other side in good condition. How could this be done?

Let me know if any of you expand your brain far enough to figure it out. Pretty sure I would just put them all in individual boxes so they all don't eat each other...but that's not the answer. Good luck!

1 comment:

Croslands said...

Take the goat across, leave him. Go grab the cabbage leave it and put the goat back in the boat. When you get back to the original side, take the goat out put the wolf in and take him across. Leave the wolf with the cabbage and return and get the goat. Ta da