Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bean and corn stuffed peppers


I had seen a recipe for this a little bit ago using hamburger and another one using turkey. Since Jake and I are trying to eat healthy I decided to use turkey meat. I Seriously couldn't taste the difference....but maybe that's me. So here's the recipe for you all. 


Ingredients:
  • 3 sweet peppers, halved and de-seeded
  • 1 cup of black beans, rinsed
  • 1 cup of corn
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
First get your sweet peppers, cut them in half and clean out the inside. Place on a cookie sheet, drizzle some olive oil across them and place in the oven at 325 for 15-20 min. 

While the peppers are cooking, cook the onions in a skillet and add the turkey and cook till done. Add the taco seasoning, corn and beans and cook for another 5 min or until done. 

When peppers are done, place in a casserole dish, spoon the turkey, bean and corn mixture into each pepper, top with cheese and place back in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted. 

And enjoy!

*I would probably add avocados next time I make this because avocados make everything better...almost. Also you could probably cook some rice or quinoa and add it to the mixture*

post signature

No comments: