Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family

Today I got into the topic of Families and The Home with my roommate and my home teachers. We just talked about how Christmas is a great tool that brings the families together. That got me thinking. I've noticed especially this year how much that means to me. To have the family all home. To sit down together at the dinner table for a meal. My family is slowly starting to experience that time, when no one eats together any more, family home evening doesn't always happen, children are off at college, some in crazy places like Idaho, etc. This Christmas year was very special to me. I just loved every minute of time I was able to spend with my family. Not only to know that I can always come home to people who will always love me, but to know that my home is a place where the spirit can abide. I think sometimes I take that for granted.

Not everyone has that.

I'm so blessed to have a wonderful dad who is a worthy priesthood holder. Who loves his kids and would do anything for them. Who loves the Lord. Who loves....everyone. Unconditionally. Loves my mom. Speaking of my mother, I have a wonderful mother. A lot of who I am today is because of her. Even those dang emotions! I can talk to her about anything. She puts up with five crazy kids and loves us all. At least I hope she does! She is the glue to our family. She is my best friend. I also can't forget my siblings. These past two years I have become so much closer to them. I love spending time with them. Learning about them. Being able to share experiences with them. To teach them as well as being taught by them. I love them all so much and am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be apart of this family.

No comments: