Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Calling

So....I get a call today asking if I can meet with the Bishop.

Dun dun dun!

Sadly I knew this wouldn't be a "get to know you" meeting. I knew I was getting a calling. Which this time I was actually okay with because I knew the Relief Society presidency was already filled, and the ward already had a choir director. Don't get me wrong, I am happy do to whatever the Lord feels I need to do. It would just be nice to have a change. That's all I have been doing for a while. Well during sacrament meeting, when I thought I was safe, the bishop releases half of the relief society presidency, AND the choir director! Now I'm in trouble.

I am really, REALLY hoping it's not choir director. So we finally get to the chase.
The calling that I received was neither! I was shocked. I have been called as a ward missionary.
Yeah didn't see that one coming. At all. He talked about how there were a couple of non members who had come that I would be working with as well as a couple of members that have been non active for 3-4 years that just decided to come to our ward today. So needless to say I am very, very much intimidated by this calling. I don't feel like I know enough to teach these people. There are still many things I am finding out on my own! But I know that this is what Heavenly Father wants me to do. Haha I asked for a change and he sure gave me that!

Man. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: