Pin It button on image hover
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Sisters' Keeper

So I went to go see My Sisters' Keeper last night and man oh man. Not the smartest idea ever. I really liked it. But no joke, I cried during the whole. entire. movie.

This movie really comes close to home for me, and during the movie I felt I could relate to almost everything. Constantly throwing up during chemotherapy and feeling very ugly and not pretty at all. Another event that I related to was how her sickness was tearing her family apart. Now in my case, it wasn't tearing our family apart but it was hard on the family. I would always joke about how it seemed like my parents were divorced because my mom was with me in the hospital on the week days, while my dad came to be with me during the weekend. One parent was always gone and I don't know how my parents did it. They are amazing and I love them so much. I remember when my vision started going blurry because of all the medication I was on, how my dad would read to me because I couldn't. You all know how much I love reading. When I was able to move out of the hospital my mom was always willing to make me whatever I felt like eating because it was very rare that I was able to eat anything at all. She would make it or purchase it, no matter how weird it sounded. But the one thing I felt like I could relate to the most was that the character loved her sister. I love all my sisters but what Megan and I had to go through together created a bond that not a lot of people can understand. She saved my life. I remember one time when were fighting, just as sisters do sometimes, her saying to me, "I saved your life and I didn't have to." She was still young haha but I can tell you that if we had to go through it again today, she wouldn't change a thing. Of course I wouldn't want to do it all over but now that I can look back at trial, I can see the blessings that came from it. I was able to take my family and meet our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. What an amazing experience that was for my family and I. I don't take anything in my life for granted and my faith has increased immensely. The Lord watches over all his children and doesn't give them trials that he thinks they can't handle. I knew he was with me through the whole entire thing.

Watching this movie brought back so many memories, good and bad, but it was nice to remember and to think back on that part of my life. To my family, I love you all so much! To friends and other relatives, thank you so much for taking some of that load off my parents and helping our family! It has been eight years since my bone marrow transplant. Can you believe it?

Life is good.

3 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Heather, I went and saw that show with Aunt Kimber and boy is it a tear jerker! I remember when you were going through that, you all were so great, your attitudes were amazing and such an example of how to pull together and get through a trial with grace. Thanks for the awesome post. You are amazing.

lesismore said...

Thank you for sharing this post Heather - it made me cry, now I don't need to see the movie - ha ha
I love you!

The Haws Family said...

talk about crying through the entire movie! Pretty sure my shirt was wet afterwards. I loved it--you are amazing Heather!